Frontline Cities and Islands was launched at the Climate Conference COP23 in Bonn, November 2017. It has been strongly endorsed by Fiji at COP Secretariat and has attracted many expressions of interest from potential partners.
The next steps will be:
1. Invite island cities to establish twinning relationships with other cities/regions to build a network of coastal municipalities
2. Determine priority issues for resilience-building
3. Develop joint work programs, sharing solutions and developing funding sources and innovative financing mechanisms
How can you participate?
This is urgent! Frontline is committed to accelerating island resilience action without delay. We encourage you to consider how you can participate and to contact us to discuss. There are 3 ways to participate in Frontline
1. Island cities are invited to register interest in establishing a twinning relationship with another city/region
2. Funders/donors/sponsors are invited to explore how Frontline can progress your objectives in small islands and how you can provide funding support for island twinning activity and for coordination and advocacy
3. Program partners are invited to explore how Frontline is aligned with your program objectives and how your programs could be delivered through the Frontline network and coalition